This site is about our daily spiritual journey with Jesus. Things that we learn, catch in our spirit, we will write so that the readers will be blessed & grow together in Christ. Feel free to give us feedback. All glory is only for Jesus Christ, our Saviour.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Mary vs Martha - Tasia

Arrrghh!!!!Busy! Busy! Busy! Running here & there (eventhough only in the house). Cleaning things, baking, calling people, buzzing around & never stopping! What happens? What triggers me to do those activities? They never finish anyway. The more I keep on doing things & follow what my mind asks me to do make me stressed & can't concentrate well. Can't even think with cool head!

Then this comes to me in the midst of my stress : Mary & Martha (Luke 10: 38-42).

" Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said,"Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me." And Jesus answered and said to her, " Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.""

Mary chose to sit down at Jesus' feet & listen to Him. Martha chose to run around. We can choose whether to be silent or be busy. God will not take that away from us. We are given a will. He won't enforce His will upon us.

God is indeed very good. Without His reminder, I would lost in my own panic world. It causes me madness & restlessness.

Actually I'm in the middle of processing marketing tools for my home business (House of Royal Velvet). I'm doing some designs for business card & flyers with my cousin in law in Jakarta. It's a long-distance communication & she hasn't done things fast enough that these things have been dragged too long. They occupy my mind day & night. I feel so consumed with them that even when I woke up in the middle of night they come to my mind.

My mum suggests me to cancel the flyer & leave it with her instead. She will take care so that everything will finish before she flies to visit me. I have to decide very soon & at then end I trust my mum more than my cousin.

Somehow God gives me wisdom to speak to my cousin via email in the way that will not dissapoint or offend her. I feel so much better, so much peaceful after making up my mind.

I learn something more powerful & important from this. That to make a decision, I have to be cool-headed. If I'm like a worm, I would not make the best decision. That affects my emotion & my mouth will then speak careless words. I need to sit down & be silent just for a couple of minutes. That surely helps me a lot.

No wonder Jesus said to Martha that Mary had chosen a good part, which would not be taken away from her.

It pleases Him to listen rather than do your own things without His guidance. Because when we listen & are still, we will absorb more understanding what He wants us to do.

I repent & ask Holy Spirit to teach me more in this area. You make me a more godly person in Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment